Sunday, December 12, 2010

J.Herbin Violette Pensee Ink Review

Some of you may know that I am a fountain pen ADDICT. Well, okay, a lover. I'm too cheap to be an addict, and there is NOWHERE to find fountain pen around here! Anyways, I got lucky and found some J.Herbin ink in a pen shop in San Francisco. The one I chose was 'Violette Pensee'. Sounds fancy, right? Turned out pretty cute, too!

All testing was done on my one Rhodia N.19 bad. Also my only one! I need new ones but they are nowhere to be found in my area!

Here's a swab test. I forgot to label them, but from top to bottom, its one, two, and three swabs with a q-tip.
Pretty, right? Not too dark, not too light. I do wish that it was a bit more saturated. On the wrong paper, it tends to come out watery, but it looks nice in general. The ink flows BEAUTIFULLY, too!

Bleedthrough on paper:

Not too bad for a swab test, right? I would assume it would do great on other fountain pen friendly papers, but as this is my only one, this is all you get!

I thought a video might be best for showing everything in a short version. Unfortunately, Ms.Blackberry was pulling an attitude and I am still learning how to use her!

video

And finally, the bleedthrough from the writing up close!
I would most definitely recommend this ink! I havent been able to try and other colors yet as they are a bit out of my price range, but I would assume that they are all just as fabulous!

COMING SOON!
-Apica
-Miquelrius
- Triplus Fineliners
- Hi-Tec-C.

No comments:

Post a Comment